Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Growing UP a little

As a young adult being in church my whole life. I have one, learned a lot and two made a lot of mistakes. Can I get an Amen? Today in my devotion I was drawn to two scriptures in particular

First Scripture

"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest though also be like unto him". Provers 28:8 (AMP)
Ehmm, you see how I was gently reminded by God that is not always necessary to enlighten everyone? Sometimes being wise requires one to simply just be quiet in times where we feel like we got to say something. Could this thought be the key to living peaceably with all men? hmm

Second scripture

"He that passeth by, and meddleth with strife belongings not to him, is like one that taketh a dog by his ears" Proverbs 26:17
To meddle means to interfere in something that is none of ones concern. This speaks to our natural nature. We ALWAYS want to fix something or "correct an issue". Make things better and blah blah blah.. Yet again I was gently reminded that it is just easier to pray and leave all things to our savior not to mention it is a lot less stressful using this method. Plus are you really going to walk up to a pitt-bull and pull its ear? I bet you that you won't!

So tying it all together, today I was encouraged that "less is more"and that God's word is  never outdated. Our spiritual walk requires personal relationship with our savior. Yes even on the job, we might want to interfere wether for political gain, to be seen, or just to appear like we got it all together. However we got to start saying that next time a situation arises, we are going take a second look within and say "hey, do I really need to be involved?" " God what you are saying about this?" or my favorite "Ain't got time for that, cause the way my relationship with God is set up I need ALL my energy to keep myself from being myself (being that old carnal man)."

Short, sweet and to the point, until next time be happy, stay healthy and remained bless
For your viewing pleasure only I decided to add a peaceful yet beautiful scene. Hey nothing wrong with allowing your brain to escape to Jamaica for a few
LUV YA

Lady KAY

No comments:

Post a Comment